Friday, October 16, 2009

The tale of the Z and the Materazzi...


“Taxi”; I heard someone yelling. I am not a cabbie but for some enigmatic reason I slowed down. I must have heard it as that rhyming S word and perceived as a compliment to my new Z. I was at no terminal velocity so the deceleration took no time. The windy street of Van Ness with downward trajectory was enough for the rubbernecked Hakkinen to rear-end my Z. Thud! My heart sank and hit the crooked street winking at me like an IM smiley.

Did Coppola feel the same when Godfather III fell? Did Dean Kamen feel the same when Segway lost track? Well, to me it certainly felt like Zidane being head-butted by Materazzi.

I opened the door and leapt out as if St. Peter was just about to close the doors of heaven and I could see the zip code of hell written all over the rear bumper. There was a trough on the lips… of my Z. I fell on my knees like a knuckle-dragger. The passenger of my car, tried to pacify me in one of those high frequency, low wave length female voice, “R, it is just a car, it is OOOK”. HUG. Cliché!

Is it just a car? Or is it that a person should not be attached to anything which consisted of matter and atoms? Am I being naïve? Is it that heart is meant to be broken and sunken?! I was at rendition.

Well, at least my Z is still mine. Never did it eventuate that the Z called me or text me saying it liked the Materazzi and wanted to be with it! I exchanged facebook IDs (yes the era of insurance exchange is blow) with the Materazzi and sent it on its way. I crawled back into the Z.

The dream of Z was always there; for heptads of years. I betrayed the dream by adopting a Subie. Was it the right thing to do is what the world ponders. Well, the Z was unreachable and was not ready for adoption. Now that I finally had the Z, the Materazzi sun-burned it.

But St. Peter was now smiling. He had just thought outside the bun and had closed the door of heaven for a quick quesadilla snack. It was not a permanent foreclosure! I felt the perspiration disappear; felt my knuckles are no more being dragged; felt serene! ZZZZZzzzzzz …

Just then the passenger, with the same high frequency, low wavelength whispered. “R, are you ok? Wake up. Will you please make coffee and pancakes? I have to leave in 10 and you have to drop me to ...” The dream of Z. Cliché!



10 comments:

  1. hmm..this blog has inspired me to start writing too!!

    Nice ending btw ... u had me fooled!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! nice compilation. Did you really dream of your "Z" being rear-ended? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went over my head... whoooosh :(

    - MJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kamakshi. Hope to see your shopaholic blog soon :D
    Thanks Neha. Why dont we talk about it when I call? :)
    MJ, I guess you read it between two Coronas :)
    Anonymous, I am indeed living my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I really thought your car was butted! My heart had sunk too. I even was telling my friend while reading this that you had just bought a sports car n it met with a crash :( I'm reading the ending before i start with any of ur articles.

    - V

    ReplyDelete
  6. bisous-awesome! keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @V, oh come on, do not do that. The ending is what is important in every freaking story. You are a good critic and thanks for the lengthy email picking every singleton from the blog. >:(
    Thanks Anonymous. I will certainly try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Written!!!! Thanks god the forever virgin is safe...;)

    ReplyDelete